Looking for an experienced and reputable moving company for Windsor in Berkshire ?
Removal Company for Windsor
Central Moves Specialising in all aspects of moving households and businesses in the Windsor area. Whether single items, flats, houses or offices, we can pack, move and store your goods tailoring each client?s needs and requirements into a flexible removals package.
Why Use Use For Your Removals in Windsor?
We are proud to be members of the – Association of Independent Movers and most recently BS EN 12522 , it is the first and only recognised quality Standard specifically aimed at furniture removals. Central Moves are proud to have achieved this standard, which proves all operatives work to clearly defined and audited standards on a daily basis.
We understand that moving home or office can be very stressful. We will tailor our relocation services to your exact specifications, ensuring your move goes precisely as you planned. All moves are covered by free Insurance up to £50,000 to start with.
FREE on the day of your move
- Wardrobe Cartons
- Mattress Protectors
- Sofa Protectors
- Carpet Runners
- T.V Covers
- Picture & Mirror Bags
- Spare Packing Materials
Central Moves offer a number of professional services for:
- Case Making for Fine Art & Antiques.
- Piano Movers
- Man & Van Services
- Office and Commercial Moves
- Packing services: If you would prefer not to pack your own belongings, we can do it for you. We offer a full packing service, which includes packing all of your belongings and loading them onto the truck. We also offer a partial packing service, which means that we will pack only certain items for you, such as your fragile items or your kitchen.
- Unpacking services: Once your belongings arrive at your new destination, we can unpack them for you. This includes removal of used packing materials.
Trained Removals Crews
Highly trained crews offering expert packing services using approved materials and techniques including crate/case making for delicate items.
Customs clearance services for clients moving from Windsor to European or Worldwide destinations.
Clean warehouses for long and short-term furniture storage is protected by CCTV and comprehensive alarm systems.
Purpose Built Removals Vehicles
We have a large fleet of various-size removal vehicles enabling us to accommodate any size removal.
The fleet also includes smaller vehicles to assist with moves with difficult access.
We look forward to helping you with your move so please do not hesitate to contact us for further advice or assistance.
If you do not have a driveway or there are resident only bays outside your property or if you think parking will be a problem on the day of your move it is advisable to apply for a parking or yellow line suspension. You can reserve up to 5 bays outside your property on any selected day including weekends. See the local Council Services for Parking. Once you have booked your removal with Central Moves they will be able to give you the vehicle size and registration number in order to call your local authority and book your parking bays on the day of your removal, there is normally a small charge from your local council for this service. See the local Council Services for Parking
Moving to Windsor
Get A Moving Quote
Quality Assured Services
Living in Windsor Berkshire
Windsor is an affluent suburban town and unparished area in the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead in Berkshire, England. It is widely known as the site of Windsor Castle, one of the official residences of the British Royal Family.
The town is situated 21 miles (34 km) west of Charing Cross. It is immediately south of the River Thames, which forms its boundary with Eton. Windsor and the surrounding areas contain some of the most expensive and desirable housing in the UK. The village of Old Windsor, just over 2 miles (3 km) to the south, predates what is now called Windsor by around 300 years.
Shopping in Windsor
Windsor is particularly well served when it comes to shops. As a tourist town there is a wide selection of gift shops around the castle, together with stylish shops and restaurants in Windsor Royal Station.
The main shopping street, Peascod Street, includes as an independent department store, Daniels, noted for its large toy department, as well as national chains such as Marks & Spencer and Boots. King Edward Court, a pedestrian-only shopping centre, has a Waitrose supermarket alongside other stores including H&M.
Recreation in Windsor
There are a number of things to do in Windsor for recreation. Here are a few ideas:
- Visit Windsor Castle: Windsor Castle is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the United Kingdom. The castle is open to the public and offers a guided tour of the State Apartments, the Royal Library, and the Round Tower.
- Explore Windsor Great Park: Windsor Great Park is a large park located just outside of Windsor Castle. The park is home to a number of attractions, including the Savill Garden, the Virginia Water Lake, and the Long Walk.
- Visit the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew: The Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew is a world-renowned botanical garden located just outside of Windsor. The gardens are home to a vast collection of plants from all over the world.
- Take a walk along the River Thames: Windsor is located on the River Thames and there are a number of walking trails that follow the river. The walks offer stunning views of the river and the surrounding countryside.
- Visit the Windsor Guildhall: The Windsor Guildhall is a historic building that dates from the 15th century. The guildhall is now home to a number of shops and restaurants.
Windsor Transport Links
Windsor is well-served by public transport, with a number of train, bus, and tube stations located throughout the town.
The following train stations are located in Windsor:
- Windsor & Eton Central
- Windsor & Eton Riverside
Trains from these stations run to London Waterloo, London Paddington, and other destinations in south-west London and Berkshire.
The following bus routes operate in Windsor:
- 70: Windsor to Slough
- 74: Windsor to Kew Gardens
- 91: Windsor to Kingston upon Thames
- 94: Windsor to Twickenham
- 216: Windsor to Eton
- 265: Windsor to Hampton Court
- N70: Windsor to Slough (night bus)
- N91: Windsor to Kingston upon Thames (night bus)
- N94: Windsor to Twickenham (night bus)
The following tube station is located in Windsor:
- Eton Riverside (District Line)
The District Line runs from Ealing Broadway to Wimbledon, with a stop at Eton Riverside in between.
Taxis are available in Windsor from a number of taxi ranks. You can also hail a taxi on the street.
Windsor is well-served by roads, with the A332 and A4 running through the town. There are also a number of car parks located throughout the town.
Park and Ride
There is a park and ride site located in Windsor. This site offers a convenient way to park your car and then take public transport into the town centre.
Windsor is a very cycle-friendly town, with a number of cycle lanes and paths located throughout the town. You can also hire bicycles from a number of cycle hire shops located in the town.
Central Moves are one of the Berkshire’s top removal companies for Windsor Berkshire who combine specialisation with our total commitment to providing a professional and personalised service, which this is why thousands of families and individuals have entrusted Central Moves with their home removals, furniture removals and personal effects.