Moving house to Europe is one of the most stressful undertakings that a person will go through in their lifetime.
There is so much to think about and the pressures involved can have an impact on not only you but your friends and family. Throw in the fact that you’re moving to another country and the process becomes even more challenging
Get in touch with us today.
Quality Assured Services
Removals to Spain with Central Moves
Thankfully, help is at hand. If you are relocating to Spain, look no further than Central Moves UK who have many years experience in removals to Europe. With so much to consider when emigrating, it’s a real headache, and that’s why you should contact us about taking care of your removals to Spain.
Our message to you is simple: take a weight off your own shoulders by entrusting us with the responsibility of transporting your items. We have years of experience in assisting people who are moving to Spain, and we also have an endless list of satisfied customers.
Every item will be removed with the utmost care
When it comes to removing everything, from large pieces like a piano to fine art and antiques, we at Central Moves have made an art form out of getting the job done with the minimum of fuss.
It is our policy that all of your belongings are dealt with as if they were our own. When you catch your plane, rest assured that all of your removals from the UK to Spain will be there waiting for you on the other side, in the same condition as when you left them.
Door-to-door service to every region in Spain
Part Load Service
Our part load service to Italy is the perfect solution for clients who only have a small amount of effects to move. Offering a cheaper way of transporting your personal effects to your new home in Italy. This is a door to door removals service with loading and unloading completed by our crews.
Full Load/Dedicated Vehicle Service
Our dedicated Italian removal service provides the client with sole use of 1 of our vehicles, meaning there will be no other customers effects on the vehicle. This service will be more expensive but you have more control over delivery dates in Italy. Our dedicated and part load removals service also includes the removal and disposal of used packing materials.
Difficult access to your property
We can assist with difficult access in Italy by utilising our specialist vehicle that can also carry our small trans-ship vehicle and used at any destination. Central Moves also has network of Italian removals companies who can offer manpower and small vehicles for trans-shipment if required. We also hire outside elevators for those large items of furniture.
Central Moves can help with those very large items of furniture
In some properties it’s not possible to get your large items through the door ways or stairs. We can help you over come this problem when moving to Italy with an outside elevator to take your items through your largest window
Removals Company to Spain
Central Moves is the founder of the Association of Independent Movers (AIM), and we have developed an outstanding reputation transporting families’ belongings to Spain & Europe. Widely regarded as the company you can trust, we have built up a lengthy customer database, thanks largely to word of mouth. The fact that you have navigated your way on to our website suggests that you might soon be moving to Spain, and if that is the case, we’d like to make you our next satisfied customer.
We offer a wide range of services to make your move to Spain as smooth and stress-free as possible. These services include:
- Packing and unpacking
- Loading and unloading
- Transporting your belongings
- Visa and customs assistance
- Storage In the UK and Spain
The cost of moving to Spain will vary depending on the size of your move and the services you require. However, Central Moves is committed to providing affordable removals services. We offer a free quote service so you can get an estimate of the cost of your move.
The timeframe for completing a move to Spain will also vary depending on the size of your move and the services you require. However, Central Moves can usually complete a part load removal to Spain within two weeks. Your furniture could be in Spain as quick as 2 days from collection on a dedicated removal service depending on the destination in Spain.
Here are some testimonials from customers who have used Central Moves to move to Spain:
“Central Moves made our move to Spain a breeze. They were professional, efficient, and affordable. We would highly recommend them to anyone moving to Spain.” – John and Mary Smith
“We were so happy with the service we received from Central Moves. They were very helpful and accommodating. We would definitely use them again if we ever need to move.” – Susan and David Jones
Our dedication to professionalism is unrivalled:
Central Moves is a member of AIM, and our promise is that all of your belongings will be transported to your new abode in Spain in the same condition as when we loaded them into the van prior to moving. Our dedicated removals team have built up years of experience and they fully appreciate the level of care that must be afforded to every item. We have earned the BS EN Certificate for quality assurance, which serves as a further illustration that we insist upon, and deliver, the very highest standards.
Moving to Spain
Get A Moving Quote
POPULAR EXPAT DESTINATIONS IN SPAIN
Central Moves have monthly departures to these popular spanish destinations
Famous for its abundance of high quality restaurants, Benahavis is self-described as the gastronomic corner of Andalucía. A mere 7 kilometres from the Costa del Sol, this beautiful mountain village is a favourite for expats, particularly golf enthusiasts.
Duquesa has an abundance of high quality eateries and bars, many of which overlook the Puerto de la Duquesa marina. It has all the amenities of the Costa del Sol, while maintaining its authentic local character. Many expats move to Duquesa for the wide range of water activities, including relaxing boat trips and enthralling scuba diving.
With its narrow, pedestrianised streets, the old town of Estepona is relaxed and friendly while still providing more than adequate facilities. A short walk away is the Paseo Marítimo, a palm-lined promenade overlooking the beautiful Playa de la Rada beach.
Guadalmina is one of the more urbanised choices for Brits moving to Spain. It has all the amenities expected for a town of its size, while retaining the relaxed atmosphere and lifestyle associated with Spain’s southern coast.
Close to Gibraltar, Alcaidesa grew in size during the 1990s when it was developed within strict guidelines to protect the authentic look. Alcaidesa is a prime location for many families and professionals that move to Spain so they can work in Gibraltar, which can be seen from its three beautiful beaches.
La Línea de la Concepción borders Gibraltar and provides much of Gibraltar’s residence with fresh produce. The town has many historic buildings and the wonderful Isthmus Museum, (El Museo del Istmo) which is based in the Old Military Headquarters.
La Zagaleta is an exclusive residential estate in Andalucia, Southern Spain. It has two magnificent private golf courses, an equestrian centre and its own heliport. Since only members and invited guests can enter the estate, it is free of tourists and holiday-makers.
The municipality of Manilva is made up of several small communities and although it has a high expat population, it has a very Spanish feel. The small fishing communities of San Luis de Sabinillas and Castillo de la Duquesa sit on the coast, a few kilometres from the picturesque white village of Manilva.
Marbella is a well-known tourist destination with a high number of expat residents. The main areas of Marbella, (Town Center, Golden Mile, Puerto Banus, San Pedro, and Nueva Andalucia) each have their own attractions. Although there is a lot for tourists to do, there are still plenty of nearby areas that offer a quieter, more relaxing environment, such as Nagueles.
Although the beach at Nagueles is very popular among the rich and famous, the residential area is quiet and relaxed. The luxurious Town Houses range in price from around £300k to £4M, so there is a wide range to choose from. There is also the option to purchase a villa in a private gated community, such as Sierra Blanca del Mar.
Built in the traditional Andalucian architectural style in the late 1960s, Nueva Andalucia is the largest area of Marbella and a very popular area for expats. The nightlife in Puerto Banus is not far from the quieter residential areas which include the small villas and townhouses at La Torre de Andalucía and La Campana in the western section. The eastern section of Nueva Andalucia has the higher valued villas and enough high-quality golf courses to earn it the name “Golf Valley”.
With its spectacular views and long history, Ronda enjoys the status of being a city, while retaining the atmosphere and appeal of a village. Perched above El Tajo gorge, Ronda dates back to the 9th century BC and has attracted many of history’s famous writers and artists. La Ciudad (the city) is the old part of Ronda, with cobbled streets and elegant mansions, some of which are still home to Ronda’s titled families.
Sotogrande is one of Europe’s most prestigious and luxurious residential developments. The world class marina, which comprises Puerto Deportivo de Sotogrande and the newer Ribiera del Marlin provides a full range of top-quality amenities, from wonderful restaurants to luxury hotels.
Central moves deliver and collect from all of the following Spainish destinations;
Alcázar de San Juan, Alicante, Almería, Ávila, Badajoz, Barcelona, Bilbao, Burgos, Cáceres, Cádiz, Cartagena, Castellón de la Plana, Ciudad Real, Córdoba, Cuenca, Elche, Gijón, Granada, Guadalajara, Huelva, Jaén, Jerez de la Frontera, La Coruña, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, León, Lérida, Logroño, Lugo, Madrid, Málaga, Marbella, Mérida, Murcia, Oviedo, Palma de Mallorca, Pamplona, Palencia, Pontevedra, Salamanca, Santander, Segovia, Sevilla, Soria, Tarragona, Teruel, Toledo, Valencia, Valladolid, Vigo, Vitoria-Gasteiz, Zaragoza
Customs Clearance For Removals To Spain
Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Original of passport
- Original of DNI (for Spaniards) or NIE (residence permit for foreigners)
- Detailed inventory, valued and signed in Spanish
- Original certificate of change of residence (“Baja Consular”) issued by the Spanish Consulate at origin
- Spanish resident card / work permit
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / air waybill (AWB)
- “Alta de Empadronamiento” issued by the local authorities of the place of residence in Spain
- Application form for duty-free importation
- Diplomatic Franchise (Diplomats)
- Original certificate of change of residence issued by the Spanish Consulate at origin for Spanish Nationals
- Original certificate of change of residence issued by correspondent Consulate at origin for foreign citizens from a third country
- Official paperwork proving residency in country of departure for at least the last 12 consecutive months: Employer letter, registration certificates from any public administration in origin, rental bills, etc for foreign citizens moving from their country of origin
- Household goods are duty free if meeting the following conditions:
- Goods are owned and used by the owner of the goods for a minimum of 6 months
- The shipment is imported into Spain within 12 months after owner of the goods arrival
- The owner of the goods must have lived abroad for a minimum of 1 year
- If a Spanish Residence permit is not available, a Bank Guarantee between 40% and 60% of the total value declared in the inventory and the presentation of the Work Permit will be required for Customs clearance.
- The Bank Guarantee will be returned when regularization is completed within 6 months upon presentation of the permit.
- Owner of the goods must be registered at the National Tax Office / Revenue Service; if the owner of the goods has not obtained a Residence Permit, the owner of the goods’ employer, company or a person already registered at National Tax Office must represent the owner of the goods at Customs clearance.
- Owner of the goods must obtain Diplomatic Franchise from the Foreign Affairs Ministry, which takes approximately 2-3 weeks.
- Original vehicle purchase invoice
- Original documents of the car (e.g., certificate of title and registration, insurance, etc.)
- The car must be built to fit EU standards.
- Technical details sheet of the imported vehical
- Official information gathered online from the concrete brand, model, and year must be provided if there is no such document in the country of departure
- If the model of the car is not sold in the EU, owner of the goods must obtain from the manufacturer a document stating to what EU model his car matches.
- Vehicle must have been used by owner of the goods for a minimum of 6 months.
- Vaccination record
- International health certificate
- Pets must be identifiable through microchip or a tattoo.
- Muzzles are required for dogs in some areas of Spain; check with agent for specific locations.
- Pets subject to examination by a Customs veterinarian.
- Fur coats may undergo Customs examination.
- There are no limits on the amount of alcohol and tobacco imported from countries in the European Union; however, Customs is more likely to investigate if bringing more than the quantities indicated:
- Cigarettes (800), cigarillos (400 or 3 g each), cigars (200), smoking tobacco (1 kg)
- Spirits over 22% (10 L), spirits under 22% (20 L), Wine (90 L but no more than 60 L of sparkling wine), beer (110 L)
- The following items may qualify for imported by persons 18 years and older within the limits indicated:
- Cigarettes (200), cigarillos (100), cigars (50), smoking tobacco (250 g)
- Alcohol exceeding 22% volume or un-denatured ethyl alcohol 80% volume and over (1 L), alcohol not exceeding 22% volume (2 L), still wine (4 L), beer (16 L)
- Firearms and ammunition (permit is required)
- Antiques (permit is required)
- Liquor and alcohol (small quantities)
- Pictures, sculptures, Persian carpets and other art items
- Protected species and products made from them per the Washington Convention (CITES), such as ivory, tortoise shells, coral, reptile skins, etc.
Source: Iam Movers
Our European removals team at Central Moves will assist you with the processing and completion of all customs formalities.