Moving You to Italy
Italy is located in Southern Europe and comprises the boot-shaped Italian Peninsula and a number of islands including the two largest, Sicily and Sardinia.
Central Moves has just purchased a purpose built road train for Part loads into Italy from any property in England , Scotland, Wales & Ireland. Our professional European move Co-ordinators will oversee all aspects of your move from beginning to end, all our move Co-ordinators have a true understanding of moving with-in Europe and worldwide and local knowledge for clients moving to Italy. We also have Italian speaking staff.
Italy Part Load Service
Our part load service to Italy is the perfect solution for clients who only have a small amount of effects to move. Offering a cheaper way of transporting your personal effects to your new home in Italy. This is a door to door removals service with loading and unloading completed by our crews.
Italy Full Load/Dedicated Vehicle Service
Our dedicated Italian removal service provides the client with sole use of 1 of our vehicles, meaning there will be no other customers effects on the vehicle. This service will be more expensive but you have more control over delivery dates in Italy. Our dedicated and part load removals service also includes the removal and disposal of used packing materials.
Difficult access to your property
We can assist with difficult access in Italy by utilising our specialist vehicle that can also carry our small trans-ship vehicle and used at any destination. Central Moves also has network of Italian removals companies who can offer manpower and small vehicles for trans-shipment if required. We also hire outside elevators for those large items of furniture.
Central Moves can help with those very large items of furniture
In some properties it’s not possible to get your large items through the door ways or stairs. We can help you over come this problem when moving to Italy with an outside elevator to take your items through your largest window
We service all regions of Italy including Island destinations and offer weekly removals to Turin, Milan, Florence, Rome, Venice, Bologna, Ancona, Brindisi, Bari, Ostuni, Naples, Catanzaro, Perugia, Reggio Calabria
Central Moves are one of the London’s top removal companies for Removals London to Italy who combine specialisation with our total commitment to providing a professional and personalised service, which this is why thousands of families and individuals have entrusted Central Moves with their Italian home removals, furniture removals and personal effects.
Here at Central Moves we pride ourselves in aiming to be the best Relocation Company to Italy .
Association of Independent Movers
The European Movers Network
Reference Line ( see positive feedback from our customers )
and most recently BS EN 12522 , it is the first and only recognised quality Standard specifically aimed at furniture removals.
Central Moves are proud to have achieved this standard, which proves all operatives work to clearly defined and audited standards on a daily basis.
Further testament to our success is the number of corporate clients who continue to choose Central Moves and indeed, refer us to their families and friends.
Living & Working in Italy
If you are a British citizen or British subject with right of abode in the UK, you do not require a visa to enter Italy. Other British nationals should confirm the current entry requirements with their nearest Italian embassy.
A valid British passport must be held for entry to and exit from Italy. There is no minimum passport validity requirement but you should ensure that your passport is valid for the duration of your visit.
Italian residence permit
Under EU directives, you may remain in Italy for a maximum of 3 months, by providing the nearest police station with a declaration of presence on Italian territory (dichiarazione di presenza sul territory nazionale) . If you intend to remain in Italy for a period exceeding 3 months or moving to Italy on a permanent basis, you must apply to your nearest town hall (Comune-Ufficio Anagrafe ) for residency (iscrizione anagrafica). You will be issued with a certificate (attestato d’iscrizione anagrafica), which is valid for 5 years from the date of issue, or for your period of intended residency (if this is less than 5 years). After 5 years EU nationals can request permanent residency (attestazione di soggiorno permanent).
Accessing healthcare in Italy
If you’re receiving a UK state pension, or in receipt of long-term in capacity benefit, you may be entitled to state healthcare paid for by the UK. You will need to apply for an E121, which you should then present to the Italian health authorities.
However, if you move to Italy to live but not work and do not receive a UK benefit, you may be eligible for up to two-and-a-half years of state healthcare cover, paid for by the UK. In this case, you will need to apply for an E106.
How to register your E121 or E106
In both cases, you will need to contact your local ASL office. Additionally, you might be asked to provide a copy of the original E121/ E106 and a proof of identity.
The staff at Central Moves are more than happy to offer free advice on removals to Italy including all customs formalities, contact us today.
Please note our European move Co-ordinators are fully versed with all customs formalities and will offer help and advice including the completion of the required paperwork for customs prior to your move to Italy. We have customs clearance agents in the UK and Italy to make the process as seamless as possible.
- Copy of passport
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / air waybill (AWB)
- Copy of tax code number / Codice Fiscale from the Agenzia delle Entrate
- Packing list in English or Italian
- Diplomatic franchise / telepresso addressed to the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, issued by the owner of the goods’ diplomatic organization (Diplomats)
- Customs Dichiarazione Sostitutiva di Certificazione, completed and signed by owner of the goods
- Detailed inventory signed by owner of the goods, stamped and signed by Italian Consulate / Embassy at origin and attached to the Dichiarazione Consolare di Rimpatrio (citizens, EU nationals)
- Permit to stay released by the Questura Police Office (non-Diplomats)
- Copy of residence certificate / receipt from Italian City Hall stating the owner of the goods has requested residence registration (non-Diplomats)
- Original consular declaration / Dichiarazione Consolare di Rimpatrio released by the Italian Consulate / Embassy (Italian citizens)
- The Dichiarazione Sostitutiva di Certificazione must include the following information:
- Number of family members
- City of nationality
- Country of origin from which the owner of the goods is transferring residence
- Date of establishing residency in Italy
- The Consular Declaration / Dichiarazione Consolare di Rimpatrio must include the following information:
- Period of time the owner of the goods was a resident abroad (must be a minimum of 12 months)
- Names of family members and the date of the owner of the goods’ definitive return to Italy
- Packing list
- The authorization to import new furniture must be obtained for clearing Customs by paying duties and value added tax (VAT).
- For new furniture, duties are subject to change depending on the material of the furniture.
- VAT is 22% on the CIF value of the shipment.
- The owner of the goods has 6 months from the date of establishing residency in Italy to import the household goods shipment duty and tax free (non-Diplomat / national citizens of a non-EU Country).
- The owner of the goods has 1 year from the date of departure from the origin country to import the household goods shipment duty and tax free (citizens / EU nations).
- Diplomats can apply for the entry permit / franchise issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs only after they have started working for the diplomatic organization in Italy.
- In order to avoid extra fees at the port / airport, transportation should be put on hold until given the green light by the destination agent in Italy.
- It is strongly recommended that Italian citizens obtain a consular certificate as soon as possible to expedite the Customs process (citizens / EU nationals).
- A detailed list including an accurate description of art pieces and antiques is required.
- A legalization of the list from the Italian Consulate at origin is advisable.
Source: IAM Movers Italy Customs