Storage space is always an issue with a growing house, flat or business. You may have some pieces of furniture you wish to store for a period of time, maybe you are locating to a new place in Twickenham, Surrey or Cambridgeshire?
There are many reasons for needing some storage space. A removals Company is a convenient way to store any items you want to store. No matter how big or how small this storage company has you covered. There are a number of different storage services available, central moves will discuss the best options suited to your needs.
Central Moves in Twickenham has some of the finest furniture storage facilities anywhere in the country. All our warehouses use the containerised storage system to minimise handling and keep your goods clean, dry and secure.
When you want to get a quality storage unit , the first thing you need to do is measure out all of your furniture so you have exact ideas of dimensions that you will be dealing with or Send a list of the items to central moves and get a rough quote. You are charged by the space required.
Measure the length, width and height of all furniture that you are storing before obtaining a storage quote from Central Moves.
By making these measurements well ahead of time, you are putting yourself in a great position to understand what size unit will be best for you in order to have plenty of space to manouver and store your items over the long term.
Container Storage Explained
Central Moves provides an alternative that halves the amount of physical handling, so halves the risk of damage to furniture and other belongings.
If a customer is using our storage service, we can load their goods directly into storage containers when we collect from their original address. These storage units (each with its own inventory and unique ID number) are then taken off the vehicle and stored in a secure warehouse for as long as the customer requires.
Once the customer has chosen their new home, we put the storage units onto the vehicle and deliver as arranged. The customer can then tick off each item on the inventory as it is unloaded from the unit, if they choose to do so.
This process means we only need to physically handle to goods twice – once to load into the units and once to unload. Together with our low weekly storage fees, this can lead to huge savings for our customers.
Stage 1. A purpose built vehicle will arrive outside your property with the container(s) on board. Your furniture and personal items will then be loaded securely in the container.
Stage 2. Items are inventoried, at request photographed too and security sealed in your presence for minimal handling & added piece of mind mind
Stage 3. On arrival at the warehouse, the containers are handled mechanically into their location. Once in position, they are not touched again until the items are required for delivery.
Tips on how to prepare for storage
1. Clean your furniture thoroughly Before placing your furniture in long term storage, vacuum the furniture with a brush to remove any excess dirt and then apply furniture polish. This will seal the wood and slow the advances of mould.
2. Disassemble all items of furniture – this is to ensure smoother transportation and it also creates more room in the storage container.
3. Protect the pieces by covering them Cover the upholstery on furniture with clean 100% cotton white sheets. Do not use dark coloured sheets as these could bleed colour onto the stored items if there is moisture in the storage unit.
4. Wrapping Packing and Stacking breakable items should be individually wrapped and placed into well padded boxes. list and label boxes on all sides so that objects can be easily found if need be while in storage.
5. Packing boxes of uniform size are easier to stack Stack the heaviest boxes at the bottom and place lighter ones on top to prevent crushing of box sides.
6. Banned from removal and storage Never try to store food, anything flammable, combustible or caustic. This includes petrol, oil, cleaning fluids, paint thinners and portable gas tanks.
If you would like any further information regarding Container Storage please feel free to contact us.
Need Our Case Making or Export Wrapping Services ?
Have any high value items that you want to store? Central moves offers a case making service for Antiques & Fine Art or for those precious items you can choose to use our export wrapping service
Need Our Collection and Delivery Services ?
Central Moves offer a collection and delivery service that is charged as an extra service, so maybe you already have stuff in store but require the storage unit to be delivered to your property or visa versa