Guildford is just a stone’s throw from the capital – just 27 miles to the southwest of central London – making it a hugely location town in London’s ever expanding commuter belt.
As property prices around the capital increase rapidly, Guildford is starting to see a real surge in the number of property sales – which is leading to demand for removals services in the area. If you’re looking for a professional, reliable removal service in the Guildford area, then we can help you! In this article we want to share with you five top tips to bear in mind when moving into the area:
- Research your commute costs: Guildford boasts excellent links with central London, thanks to a series of A roads, and also a direct train service to London’s Waterloo station. Just remember that although the location is within 30 miles of central London, commute times can still be around one hour each way. Also consider the cost of a season ticket by rail to Waterloo will set you back just shy of £3,000 each year, with fares usually increasing on an annual basis.
- There’s no need to venture out to London every weekend, there’s plenty to see and do in Guildford itself. There are lots of great shops to peruse in the town centre, the town also plays host to a cathedral and the University of Surrey.
- Hire a reliable removals company to move you into your new property. Moving house might seem like a simple task, but often there’s more to it than meets the eye! It’s imperative that you hire a team of removals experts with experience of moving people and possessions from A to B. It’s also important to hire a removals company from the Guildford area that’s fully insured.
- Explore the capital – London is one of the greatest cities in the world! You might not like the idea of having to catch a train to central London on your day off, but the fact is that there is a lot to see and do in and around London for all the family! From the finest Chinese cuisine in the UK, in London’s China Town – through to the bright lights of the West End. There’s never a dull moment in London and you’ll be able to experience the magic of this global city without venturing too far from home.
- You might not use your car as much any more, thanks to the fact that public transport in and around London is generally very good. From trains to buses, there’s always a way to get from A to B without having to drive. Save your money and save the planet by taking advantage of public transport as often as possible.
Moving to Guildford can seem like a huge leap, but we’re confident you’ll enjoy your time in this historical, friendly town. Remember, if you need help moving your possessions to or from Guildford, we can assist you!
Removal Company for Surrey
Central Moves.co.uk can carry out your removals in Surrey with collection from any property to delivery to any property door to door / room to room in Surrey, London, UK, Europe & Worldwide.
As a Removal Company for Surrey we have good knowledge of the roads, offices, houses and Estates around Surrey:
If you do not have a driveway or there are resident only bays outside your property or if you think parking will be a problem on the day of your move it is advisable to apply for a parking or yellow line suspension. You can reserve up to 5 bays outside your property on any selected day including weekends. See the local Council Services for Parking. Once you have booked your removal with Central Moves they will be able to give you the vehicle size and registration number in order to call your local authority and book your parking bays on the day of your removal, there is normally a small charge from your local council for this service.
Here at Central Moves we pride ourselves in aiming to be the best Removal Company in Surrey
We are proud to be members of the
and most recently BS EN 12522 , it is the first and only recognised quality Standard specifically aimed at furniture removals.
Central Moves are proud to have achieved this standard, which proves all operatives work to clearly defined and audited standards on a daily basis.
Central Moves offer a number of professional services for:
- Packing & Case Making for Fine Art & Antiques.
- Piano Movers
- Handy Man Services
- Office and Commercial Moves
- Or to book an esitmator to take a visual of your property or simply fill out our on-line estimate form for a quotation or talk to one of our advisors you can FREEPHONE: 0800 216123